Thursday, 5 April 2012
This Happiness Revolution is courtesy of Astra and I for one think it is AMAZING!
Astra explains that all you need to do is think of 10 things that are making you happy this month, write them down and grab the banner above for your post! Lets forget about the negatives for a minute, turn off the news and give some attention to all the good things in our lives!
The 10 things making me happy these days are:
1. My new gadget...it's the little things!
2. Being given the opportunity to get some incredible experience at a local smallholding
3. Getting lovely and positive feedback from all my job interviews
4. Finding out my Dad has given in his retirement notice - he'll have worked from 19 - 64 (with a 6 month gap at 55 after he left the RAF...and a total of 20 sick days in 45 years...) and deserves a break! I want to have a massive party to celebrate and thank him for everything, but I know in my heart that no party or gesture would ever be big enough to show our family's gratitude for his hard work and providing for us over the years. Without his dedication and hard work none of us girls would be where we are today. He is the kind of man that would take food out of his starving mouth if he thought one of his daughters was 'a little bit peckish'...I love him!
5. Being asked to be (one of two) Maid of Honour for my friend's wedding...best things ever! Me and another close friend get to work together to support her on/leading up to/help to plan her wedding day and give her the best, most amazing hen night ever!
6. Seedlings and the promise they bring at this time of the year
7. The recent sunshine has put everyone in a better mood
8. Cycling every day...I have swapped a 3 mile job for a 7 -10 mile cycle round beautiful Cotswold country lanes. I completely forgot how much I love cycling and it feels amazing to be back riding - especially an early morning with bright blue skies and a slight chill in the air...
9. Duck eggs...yum!
10. John. Always.